The LAM leadership team and LAM members who work at Fortune 500 companies were recently invited to a professional development event and social mixer at KPMG.
The event included a fun and engaging evening of professional development and networking with fellow Latino professionals from Deloitte, Gap, Clorox, Chevron, PG&E, KPMG, Genentech, Visa, Oracle, Wells Fargo and others.
The panelists did an amazing job in motivating the audience by sharing their experience about their success and struggles. The key takeaways were:
- higher education opens doors
- help each other and create valuable relationships
- More and more Latinos have positions of power … but there is room for more
- find a mentor
The panel included:
- Dominic Maldonado, Partner, Deloitte
- Geisha J. Williams, Executive VP Electric Operations, PG&E
- Daniel Ayala, Executive VP Global Remittance Services, Wells Fargo
- Louis P. Miramontes, Senior Partner, KPMG
- Jose Manuel Souto, Head of Finance Global Executive, Visa Inc.
- Lupe Garcia, General Counsel, GAP Inc.
Food and drinks were provided representing various Latin American countries.
At the end of the night, the leadership of Conexiones (organizing group) invited LAM founder, Giovanni D., to share why LAM exists and how LAM is evolving. It was a great surprise that when the question was asked: “How many of you have heard of LAM?”, half the room raised their hands!
Here at LAM we are proud that the word is out: we want to help you connect with other amazing people! Utilize this great platform to grow personally or professionally!
If you’re interested in participating in future events like these and work at a Fortune 500 company, make sure to request membership of the group called Conexiones.
Did you attend the event? Leave a comment and share with us your thoughts!