Martha Edith Hernandez
How To Work A Room®: Face To Face Networking in a Digital World
Research on shyness has yielded an interesting fact: Over 90% of American adults self-identify as SHY. That includes founders, funders, vendors, potential clients and partners.
The abilities to meet, mingle and make meaningful connections with supporters are essential. Those who engage others— as they interact face-to-face —enjoy the additional benefits of developing rapport and trust that are the foundation of long-term relationships.
Recognized networking expert, Susan RoAne, is the best-selling author of the new Silver Anniversary edition of How To Work a Room and communication strategist who gets her audiences up on their feet practicing their in-person socializing skills that build relationships.
Attendees will receive tools and strategies to:
- Create A FIVE Point Preparation Plan
- Draft and deliver a memorable Self -Introduction
- Approach “Strangers” and “Break the ice” at meetings, conventions and social functions
- Engage comfortably in Small Talk and Turn it into BIG Talk
- Converse Face To Face using the OAR method that builds rapport, referrals and relationships
- Turn small Talk into BIG TALK that connects people
- Embrace the Three Ways to Exit from conversations GRACIOUSLY
- Connect and stay engaged with others in the work place and personal space
- Follow-up and stay connected with potential and current donors both digitally and using The Personal Touch.
- Have FUN in the process!
Susan RoAne is a professional speaker who works with organizations and shares the strategies of mingling, mixing and making conversation to build relationships.. Her books and audios (including How To Work A Room, The Secrets of Savvy Networking, How To Create Your Own Luck: The “You Never Know” Approach to Networking and Face to Face: How To Reclaim The Personal Touch in a Digital World) are available online and at your local bookstores.
LOCATIONNasdaq Entrepreneurial Center - 505 Howard St, Plaza Level, San Francisco CA
11/28/2017Latinos in Finance: Mentorship Program Social Mixer
The View Lounge, San Francisco